Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why I decided to get political

I'm sure you have noticed by now that I have gotten a little political these last few days. I guess I just felt that it was important to start speaking my mind. This is an important time in my children's lives. What happens next week will affect them forever. I'm not so much worried about me, but I do worry about them and their future. We had a sermon a couple of weeks ago stating that God is in control. He is in control and I do need to remember that, but I still worry. It's hard not to. It's hard to think that people actually believe that increasing taxes for the wealthy is a good thing. Who do they think is actually going to pay for those taxes? Do they think that it is going to come out of the executives salary? No. The taxes will be passed on to the consumer. The companies have to make a profit somewhere. Don't even get me started on health care. As much as I hated it, I went with an HMO for our insurance this time around. I didn't want to, but it was cheaper and I didn't have to pay for any surgeries (and I thought Sophie would have to have surgery) or things like that. I don't have to pay for Maddie's surgery tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about that but I actually do pay for it every other pay check. I pay over $220 for a family plan, but I'm glad to pay it. Our HMO is just like a PPO. I don't have to have a referral and can visit any doctor I want, any time I want. That's the key sentence right there. I can visit any doctor I want, any time I want. What do people think will happen when we have socialized medicine? Ask the people in Canada or London what happens.
Anyway I decided to get political because this is my children's blog. They will be able to look back on these pages and see that their mother stood up for what she believed was right. They will be able to look back and hopefully be proud that I stood my ground. I have changed the comments to moderation not because I am afraid of other points of views, but because this is my children's blog. It is not for ugly comments. If you don't like my point of view, you don't have to read.

No comments: