Monday, May 05, 2008

Chip on the Shoulder

So how many of you out in blogger land have a chip on your shoulder? I do. I am trying hard to get over it. I do well most of the time. It's funny what we can have chips on our shoulder for. Sometimes these things seem like the worst thing in the world, but later on we realize that it isn't so bad. That's part of growing up. When I was in elementary school I got a perm. The perm made my hair really poofy and I looked like a poodle. Matter of fact, I got the nickname of poodle. It really only lasted for about a year and then it was over, but I still remember it. It wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to me. Life goes on. That's the point I guess.... life does go on and it's a good thing that it does. I know that one day I will look back on what is going on right now and laugh, but right now it really hurts. My heart hurts right now. My head hurts right now. My whole body and soul hurt right now. Some days you just wish you could rewind time and change things. I don't really think I would have done anything any differently. I was right and what was done needed to be done. One day this person will realize that. One day this person will lose their chip and realize how much of their life was wasted worrying about things. One day this person will see that the thing that was done was done because of love, not for embarrassment or hatred or anything like that. One day this person will grow up and realize that I'm not so bad after all.
Okay, I got that off of my chip, I mean shoulders and I feel better now. Life goes on and don't you just love the cartoon?

1 comment:

Mom 2 six said...

Oh I am sorry-I must have missed something. Like the new putt-putt post.