Saturday, September 08, 2007

Happy Referral Day!


Today is our 3 year anniversary of our referral for Yang Yu Wei or Madeline Susan YuWei. It is so hard to believe that it has been 3 years. I was kind of upset the day before because other families were getting their referrals and we hadn't heard from our agency. That morning on the way to work I heard the song "Feels Like Today" by Rascal Flatts and I just knew that it would be that day. I got to work and constantly went to check the computer out in the atrium because our computers were blocked from getting yahoo or aol. I went to go check at about lunchtime and then came back to my desk. I had told the guys at work that I didn't want to go to lunch because I wanted to wait for the phone call. I missed it. I looked on my caller ID and saw the Iowa area code. I then noticed I had an email that said "Here she is". I actually thought it was someone that I knew who had gotten their referral. I opened it and said that it was an email from our agency. It had basic details and her picture. I opened it without thinking and saw her picture. I was bawling. I called AJ and told him and wouldn't let any of the guys see it until he opened his email. While he was on the phone opening it the guys came back from lunch and saw me crying and knew what it was. She was beautiful! While I was on the phone with AJ, I noticed she had his birthday so that made me cry even more. I then made the calls and everyone agreed she was beautiful! Happy Referral Day to my sweet, funny, stubborn, spicy, beautiful Chengdu girl. We love you so much and are so glad you are in our lives!

1 comment:

Mom 2 six said...

Makes me sappy just reading your post !
What a story.