Monday, July 23, 2007


The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things rightif I surrender to His Will;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with HimForever in the next.Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Or as Mr. Costanza put it "Serenity now, serenity now".

If you haven't read this post on Sophie's blog, you will need to read it for the background on DFCS. This is a continuation of the story and the need for serenity.


5 weeks ago I went to DFCS to turn in the paperwork from our agency. It was their non-profit license. I put it inside an envelope with a note that stated "Ms. xxxxx. Here is the information that you requested. If this is not what you need or if you require more information please email me at xxxxxx or phone me at xxxxxxx. Thank you for your time". Short, sweet and to the point. Well last week we still had not heard anything from the state and/or Ms. xxxx. I called her on Tuesday and left a voice mail asking her to return my phone call. She was going to be out of the office until Wednesday. Well with her past history I knew I was going to have to make several calls. I left her another message on Friday. Today she finally gets back with me. She emailed me. This was my email from her:
Ms. Cannon sorry for the delay in regards to the adoption fees. I reviewed the letter that you sent me, and it is not acceptable. I need an official document: either a letter or an invoice on the agencies letterhead stating how much the adoption fees were. I am putting the letter you sent me in the mail to you today. The letter you sent me reads as if it is a registration letter. I will complete the non-recurring adoption process once I receive the letter or an invoice.


I have no problem with the fact that I have to give her more information. I have a real problem with the fact that it took 5 weeks. I she simply had to do was open my letter and tell me she needed more information. UGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Why is it so difficult? It's no wonder that no one wants to deal with DFCS these days.

No comments: