Saturday, June 09, 2007

Week in Review

This has been one of the weeks where your glad to see over, but also very sad to see over.
Sunday - We went to church. Sophie sat for a few minutes in Sunday school and then they brought her to me. We tried Vacation Bible School that night, but neither of them would sit in class so we didn't go back. It wasn't worth the 100 mile roundtrip drive to sit in the adult class with them sitting with me.
Monday - doctors appointment. You can read more about it by clicking here. We have another doctors appointment on Tuesday.
Tuesday - Sophie was supposed to have a dentist appointment, but I rescheduled it for August. She has just been so traumatized with doctors these last several weeks, I just couldn't do it to her. Her teeth are looking better and I rescheduled her appointment for August. This will give her a little more time to adjust. We did go visit everybody at work. She was upset when we went in because I think she thought it was a doctors office. She loosened up a little bit, but was still a little nervous.
Wednesday - We didn't really do much of anything. We went to the park and fed the ducks. I told the girls if they were good we would go back on Thursday. We played outside with the kids across the street pretty much all day. We got out the pool and they all had a blast.
Thursday - I took Maddie to the doctor. I don't think she's been feeling well and she hasn't been herself. I know that part of it is because of Sophie, but I also don't think she felt well. She's been on antibiotics for 2 days now and seems to be feeling a lot better. She didn't wake up coughing last night. We also went to the park and fed the ducks. They loved it of course. We played for a few minutes but it was just so hot. I took them to Chick-fil-a and let them play there.
Friday - I went to apply for a school secretary job that is at a local elementary school. I really want it. It is only 12 miles from my house and I would have summers off :). Please say a prayer because I really, really want it. I had Brandon come with me and we took the girls to McDonald's and then came home. AJ came home later and was talking about having a headache. I took the girls for their first visit to Chuck E Cheese. Of course they had a blast. They loved the monster truck. A side note, there was a man there who was probably in his late 20's sucking a pacifier! I tried to get a picture, but they all came out blurry and in the ones that didn't you can't tell. It was really sad seeing that.
Saturday - This morning we went to Truett's for a Princess breakfast. They had Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and the Little Mermaid. I know now that we definitely need to go to Disney World and I know now what their birthday party will be :). They had so much fun. Maddie was enthralled with them. She loved it. Sophie enjoyed it as well, but not as much as Maddie.That's about it. The up and down part is mainly because the girls have their ups and downs. Maddie has gotten a lot better. She still has a really hard time in the mornings, but this morning she was a prefect angel. No yelling, no fighting, no whining, no anything. It was great. It made everybody happy and in a great mood. Sophie has really started testing us. She can throw a tantrum just like her sister. The problem with Sophie is, she hits. She actually slapped me in the face earlier this week. We have definitely been working on that. She is still picking up English really quick. She understands 95% of what you say to her. Tomorrow we are going to try Sunday School again. I hope it works this time. Here are collages from our activities from this week. You can click on them to make them bigger.












2 comments:

Amy said...

They look alike they act alike!

Chelley said...

Wow whata week!

You have def got some really great pics of the week!