Saturday, June 02, 2007

I just have to say it


I don't want to go back to work. In fact, I will probably cry really hard that whole day. It will be because I miss the kids and it will be because I don't want to go back to work. It's not that I really want to be a SAHM although if I won the lottery I guess I could do it ;). I do miss my friends and I do miss doing the work (yeah I can't believe I said that), I just don't want to go back. I know, I know I have to go back. We have to have money and I am the insurance keeper. I have 2 more weeks of peace left.
I don't want to go back because of one simple reason. Greed! That's right, greed. For the past, I don't know how many years now this particular group has been working on a contract. While I have been gone they reached a tentative agreement. Well there is a lot of talk about this agreement. The pinheads that post on a particular site have even mentioned a strike or "informational" picket. Please! Don't they know that they are not the only ones who work for this company? I have put 13 very long years in to this job. I at one point had 3 jobs all at the same time (and only being paid for 1) and have had to move my offices 10 different times. I have been with them during all of the ups and downs. I have seen all of the good and all of the very bad. They are not the only ones who have made sacrifices for this place. Each and everyone of us who has worked here has made sacrifices and has worried at one time or another if we still would have a job. Each and everyone of us is an integral part of the puzzle that keeps the company running. I have never been pro-union and never will be. Some unions might do good work, but the majority do not. You have people sitting around collecting your money trying to get you the "best" that they can. They drive many a company out of business and also keep the weak ones who should not be there.
It just makes me sad and mad that one particular group can have this much power. If they aren't happy, go someplace else. I am sure that there are plenty of other people who would be happy to have your job. I'm tired of it. If I could leave, I would which isn't what I really want to do because I love my job. It does have it's ups and downs. It does aggravate me sometimes, but I really do love it. I can't imagine doing anything else.
Okay now that I got that off of my chest, time to move on. I won't worry or think about this until it's time to go back to work (yeah right who am I kidding!).

No comments: