Thursday, July 27, 2006

My last post

I think I should explain my last post. It has been a bad week. It has been one of those weeks where you wish you could start all over. Sunday started with the Care Bears. We had a blast. Maddie loved it. MARTA was something else. Maddie had to potty on the way there. Well there are no restrooms on MARTA and apparently she really had to go and go she went. All over me and the floor. Then on the way back a crazy lady was trying to start a fight with a guy on the train. I think it really scared Gracie. Monday morning was busy. Crew Scheduling at work messed up something very important and it took almost all day to get corrected. Monday night Maddie woke up with a 100 degree fever. I gave her some Motrin and then in the morning she still had a fever. It ranged from 100 - 101 just about all day. She was throwing up (on me three times) and everything. It was a good thing we were already going to the ENT. We got to the ENT 10 minutes prior to our appointment time. I filled out the forms and we waited and waited and waited. We were finally seen 1 hour and 15 minutes later. It's a new doctor and I was a little peaved. I was a little peaved because they let people who showed up late go before us. It would have been fine if it were 2 or 3 minutes late but several of them were 15-20 minutes late. Anyway, the doctor was very nice once we got in there. I explained everything that had been going on with Maddie. I explained all of the antibiotics that she has been on, all of the allergy test and everything. He is going to take her aednoids out and redo her tubes. He is pretty positive that this will cure the problem. I hope he's right. Bless her heart. She's had a snotty nose since she has been home in 11/04. Wednesday was alright until I got home. That's when I found out Brandon broke his glasses. These glasses have been a source of frustration since he got them. He never takes care of them. He always throws them down and doesn't put them away. It drives me crazy. He had called me at work and asked if I could take him to get his glasses adjusted before school started. I told him we would do it this weekend or so. Well when I got home he came out to greet us. While he was standing in the driveway, his lense popped out. Then I noticed he had tape around the frame. Obviously the glasses needed a little more than adjusting. Then this morning (Thursday) it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to work this morning. Some sign had fallen on the highway or was about to fall on the highway, so all lanes were shut down. It has been a frustrating 4 days and I really need something positive. Click on over to http://making-our-way-2-u.blogspot.com to see what I mean.

No comments: